High Voltage Inspection Testing
High Voltage Inspection Testing for clients’ high voltage substations across the UK. The scope of work includes inspecting the tripping batteries and charger, visual inspection of all substation equipment, checking of the building security, and testing the transformer insulating oil samples.
We are able to develop and implement comprehensive high voltage inspection, testing, and maintenance strategies in order to mitigate the risk of an unforeseen breakdown or safety-related issue.
C&P can set out comprehensive control operation and maintenance agreements in order for our team of high voltage electrical specialists to carry out testing and maintenance and act as SAP (senior authorized personnel) as part of your extended team.
High Voltage Inspection Testing Services:
- Oil Sample and Testing (DGA, electrical
- breakdown, acidity, water & PCB content)
- Switchgear Testing, AC Pressure Testing
- Ductor Testing, CT’s – Ratio & flick tests
- Mag curve
- VT’s –Ratio & polarity checks
- Neutral Voltage Displacement
- Transformer Auto Tapping Relays
- Intertripping Schemes
- Earthing& Soil Resistivity Measurements
- Final Earth Electrode Resistance, Functionality Checks,
- Protection, Primary and Secondary
- Injection Timing Tests
- Generator Loss of Mains and G59 Protection
- HV and LV cable fault finding and repair services
- HV pressure testing up to 68kV and sheath and cable fault
- Capability to identify and locate cable faults for systems
up to 66kV
- HVA28TD High Voltage Test Set up to 28kV
- HVA68-2 VLF Test Set up to 68kV
- MeggarMIT 515 Insulation Resistance Tester 5kV
- MFM 10 Sheath Fault Location System
- ESG NT Digital Earth Fault Locator
- SFX32 Cable Fault Locator
- MeggarMIT1025 10kV Diagnostic Insulation
- Cable Spiking Services
High Voltage Testing & Commissioning
The testing and commissioning of high voltage electrical equipment is a highly specialized activity. With every HV electrical installation, our trained engineers carry out their specified area of work to the highest technical and safety standards.
Our range of services includes HV protection grading and testing, earthing studies, 11kV pressure testing, and the allocation of an SAP engineer for specific switching needs.